Quote of the week

If we were not intended to eat extraordinary food, we would not have been given such extraordinary senses of taste and smell.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Directions, New beginnings

I have been want to blog for quite a while, but with so many really good one's out there based on food, I was always worried I would never have a good enough blog, with the right picture, I wouldn't know what to say, always doubting myself. Well it's time for the doubting to end! Here I go!
Last year was a very pivotal year for me. I turned forty, I almost split from my partner of 14 years, my mother stopped speaking to me, as well as one of my twin daughters. I lost of my closest friends to alcoholism and then to death. I struggled to pull my life and world back together and struggled to keep my catering company afloat. It has indeed been a journey, and one I have only begun. I have realized a few things in the past year. One, I am so very blessed with good friends. I figured out how to be a better me, which helps me make those around me better. Two, I realized I am happiest when I am talking about food. Cooking it, buying it, nutrition, education, anything with food brightens my mood.
So, today are start the next part of my journey. Sharing my thoughts, recipes, video's and photo's. I hope you enjoy and thanks for joining me. Hopefully, it will help you LAF more in your kitchen.

1 comment: